QuickBooks Error 15102 | A Short Guide to Fix This Error
No matter how advanced QuickBooks Desktop is, it is susceptible to errors and technical bugs as well, just like other financing and bookkeeping software. QuickBooks error 15102 is one such error that belongs to the QuickBooks 15xxx series errors and generally occurs when users seek to download the current payroll tax table updates. A user might see an error text on the computer screen reading, “Failed to reset update.” With the help of this post, we are going to talk about the reasons that cause QuickBooks error code 15102, along with all the possible troubleshooting solutions.
Want to overcome QuickBooks error 15102 but unwilling to implement the cumbersome troubleshooting processes? If yes, don’t hesitate at all to contact our QuickBooks assistance team at (855)-856-0042.
You may also read — QuickBooks password crack
What are the reasons leading to QuickBooks error code 15102?
QuickBooks error code 15102 often gets triggered when QuickBooks Desktop is functioning in an environment of terminal services in the multi-user mode. Even though, there can be other reasons as well behind its occurrence, such as:
- QuickBooks Desktop does not have sufficient Windows permissions to get the payroll tax table updates.
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- When you are using your QuickBooks on multi-user mode.
How to get rid of QuickBooks error 15102 with safety?
Solution 1) Run QuickBooks Desktop in the single-user mode
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Move to the File menu.
- Select the Switch to Single-user mode option from the drop-down list.
- Try to download the updates of payroll tax tables.
If QuickBooks error 15102 persists, proceed further to the second solution.
Solution 2) Use the Windows admin account to update the payroll tax tables
- Click on the Windows Start icon.
- Enter “QuickBooks Desktop” into the search space and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Click on the Run as administrator option.
- Try to update payroll to the present-day tax tables and see whether you receive any QuickBooks errors this time.
Solution 3) Manually update QuickBooks Desktop to its present-day release
- In QuickBooks Desktop, move to the Help menu.
- Choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down list.
- Move to the Options tab and then select the Mark All button.
- Select the Save button.
- Navigate to the Update Now tab and then choose the checkbox for Reset Update.
- Once you are ready to get QuickBooks updates, choose the Get Updates option.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and reopen it.
- When prompted by QuickBooks update installer, select the Yes option.
- When the updating of QuickBooks Desktop is finished, reboot your computer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and attempt to get the payroll tax table updates.
If you can’t resolve QuickBooks error 15102 even after going through the troubleshooting solutions that we have mentioned above in the post, then the Windows Firewall security settings might be blocking QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the internet. Hence, our suggestion for you is to set up the Windows Firewall security settings for QuickBooks and then try to get the payroll tax table updates. For additional troubleshooting support to resolve QuickBooks error code 15102, please speak to our QuickBooks professionals at (855)-856-0042.