QuickBooks is a world-class accounting software package that is known for its smooth functioning and promise of quality, however does not make it immune to errors. The QuickBook error 15215 is one such error that occurs if a file is wrongly read on the system. When any user tries to update QuickBooks to the newest version, it might happen that the QuickBooks Error 15215 pops up during the update process. When this error window is shown, you’ll find the error message of the server not responding to that or limited access.
In this blog, you will find the causes, signs, and solutions to the QuickBooks error 15215 server not responding.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15215
- Wrong configuration of Microsoft IE
- QuickBooks is unable to verify the signature on files that you have placed for downloading during the update process
- Incorrect installation or corrupt download of QuickBooks
Prime Signs of QuickBooks Error 15215 Server Not Responding
- Frequent crash of the QuickBooks application
- The error window of 15215 popping up
- Inconsistent response of mouse and keyboard
- Corruption of the desktop with QuickBooks Error 15215
Read More: –
How to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15215:
Method 1 – Run QuickBooks Desktop as an Administrator
- First of all, you need to close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, right-click on the desktop icon QuickBooks of then choose “Run as administrator”;
- Finally, click on “Yes” once you get the message prompt “Do you want to permit this program to create changes to your computer?”
Method 2 – Verify the TLS 1.0 Settings
- The first step here is to shut QuickBooks then open Internet Explorer;
- Now, click on “Tools” and select “Internet Options”;
- When the window is open, click on the “Advanced” tab;
- In the next step, click on Advanced Settings and find “Use TLS 1.0”, “Use TLS 1.1”, and “Use TLS 1.2 options” options;
- Please ensure that the “Use TLS 1.0” box is checked, and the “Use TLS 1.1” and “Use TLS 1.2” aren’t checked;
- Now click on OK to save changes and shut Internet Explorer;
- Now you need to reboot your system and launch QuickBooks Desktop;
- Install any pending available updates.
Method 3 – Restart Windows using Selective Startup
- The first step here is to shut QuickBooks Desktop;
- Now you need to open the “Run” dialog box by searching it, or by using Windows + R;
- When the Run dialog box is open, type MSConfig and click on OK;
- This would open the Configuration Utility window, here you need to choose Selective Startup and uncheck the Load Startup items check box;
- Now you need to click on “Save” and then click on “OK”;
- After that Restart your system; and when it restarts, open QuickBooks again and download the tax table;
- Now open the “System Configuration Utility” again by following the previous steps;
- Find the normal Startup box and click on Ok; and
- Finally, restart your system.
It can be said that the QuickBooks error 15215 is nothing that you can’t handle. However, if the problem persists after following the previous methods, then you should seek help from QuickBooks Online Support. Or You can directly call in QuickBooks Experts Team which provides 24/7 hours help to the users.