Updates are important part to make the software working smoothly, but certain previous mis-configurations can hamper the updates. QuickBooks payroll in the similar way gets interrupted because of various reasons and lead to errors such as QuickBooks error 15215. The reasons have been discussed in this blog. Once reaching to the cause, follow through our troubleshooting steps to resolve it manually. There might be chances that due to damaged company file, the error will linger on. In such cases, contact the QuickBooks proAdvisors team at 1.800.579.0391.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15215
- A third-party firewall application hinders the QuickBooks Desktop connection with the internet.
- Application such as the Internet Download manager makes use of the broadband capacity and leaves none for software which pops up the QuickBooks Desktop error 15215.
- Failure to run QuickBooks using a Windows administrative account is also a reason that prompts QuickBooks to show error code 15215.
- Internet Explorer has improper configuration.
- A different program is running in the background when the payroll updates are downloading.
Also read: Quickbooks Error 6189
Troubleshooting methods to QuickBooks Update Error 15215
Restart the computer in the safe Mode
- With the help of Windows + R key, open the Run box.
- Type misconfig in the text box and hit Enter.
- From the General tab, click on the option of Selective Startup.
- Unmark the box Load Startup Items.
- Now checkmark Hide all Microsoft Services check box under the Services tab.
- Disable all option is to be selected before navigating to the Startup tab.
- Select Open task manager.
- With right-click, disable all the startup programs.
- Hit on Ok and then try updating payroll again to see if QuickBooks update error 15215 is solved.
Verify TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.1 are unchecked, and TLS 1.0 is checked in the internet option in internet explorer
- Close all the running actions in QuickBooks and shut down the QuickBooks application.
- Now open the internet explorer browser.
- Go to the Tools icon> Internet Option.
- After that, hit the advance button or tab.
- In advance, section search the option “Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2
- Check out whether the Use TLS 1.0 is marked or not marked. If not, keep it.
- Confirm that the Use TLS 1.1 or Use TLS 1.2 is unchecked
- Hit the ok icon and close the window.
- Now shut down the internet explorer.
- Reboot the system once, and after starting the computer, reopen the QuickBooks.
- Now try to download the QuickBooks update again.
Login to QuickBooks as Administrator to get rid of Unable to Install Payroll Updates Error 15215
- Make sure you have the login credentials to log in as an administrator on Windows.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop and select Run as Administrator.
- Enter the login information if prompted.
Press Enter to open QuickBooks and check that you do not encounter the Payroll Update Error 15215 again.
One of the solutions that we have provided in this blog will eventually help you get rid of QuickBooks error 15215. We understand that certain steps can be confusing and risking the company data isn’t the wise option. We recommend talking to the technical team at 1.800.579.0391. The QB team is trained to secure your data and at the same time solving the issue for you.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15270