Hundreds and thousands of companies use QuickBooks Desktop to manage their sales and outlays and to supervise their financial well-being. An interesting aspect of QuickBooks Desktop is that it’s not only efficient but also pretty secure to use. However, despite QuickBooks being such an amazing application, it is vulnerable to errors and technical bugs. QuickBooks error 15222 is among such errors that many users face when downloading the payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates. With this post, we will describe to you the reasons leading to QuickBooks error code 15222, alongside their possible troubleshooting ways.
Frustrated with QuickBooks error 15222 and want to get it fixed instantly? If yes, please contact our QuickBooks officials at (855)-856-0042.
Related article to read — QuickBooks Error 6177
What leads to QuickBooks error code 15222?
QuickBooks error code 15222 often takes place when the Windows Firewall settings of the user block QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the internet. Even though, there are different reasons too that can cause it, such as:
- The Internet Explorer function to register digital signatures for QuickBooks is not functioning.
What are the solutions to rectify QuickBooks error 15222?
Solution 1) Manually set up an exception for QuickBooks in Windows Firewall
- Open the Run command window.
- Enter “control firewall. cpl” in the dialog box and select the OK button.
- Pick Advanced Settings in the left pane.
- Find Inbound Rules and right-click on it.
- Pick New Rule in the side list of options.
- Confirm Program is selected and click on the Next button.
- Select the This Program Path option and click on the Browse button.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + E keys to open File Explorer.
- Open the C: drive and then the Program Files folder.
- Go to the path “Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate.”
- Inside the QBUpdate folder, find the QBUpdate.exe file and pick it.
- Hit the Next button.
- Confirm that the Allow the Connection option is selected and hit the Next button.
- If prompted, confirm all profiles are selected. Hit the Next button.
- Make a new rule and give it a name like “QBFirewallException(name.exe).”
- Repeat the aforementioned instructions to create Outbound Rules for QuickBooks this time.
If QuickBooks error 15222 occurs again, proceed ahead to the second solution.
Solution 2) Install a digital signature certificate for QuickBooks
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open File Explorer and follow the path “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.”
- Find the QBW32.exe file and right-click on it.
- Select the Properties option.
- Move to the Digital Signature tab and select Intuit, Inc. in the signature list.
- Select the Details button.
- When the Digital Signature Details window pops up, select View Certificate.
- Select Install Certificate in the Certificate screen.
- Hit Next until the Finish button shows up. Then, select Finish.
- Reboot the computer.
If you can’t get over QuickBooks error 15222 even after applying the troubleshooting solutions that we have described above in the post, then any third-party security applications might be blocking QuickBooks Desktop from performing the required action. Hence, our advice for you is to download the payroll or QuickBooks updates in Windows Safe mode. For additional troubleshooting assistance in rectifying QuickBooks error code 15222, feel free to contact our QuickBooks professionals at (855)-856-0042.