How to recover my Linksys router login password if I forgot?
As we have already discussed, Linksys has launched many latest series of WIFI routers. One of which is the AC2200 Next-Gen router.
Sometimes we forget the login password and username and become helpless to access the admin panel. People get panicked at this stage. Leave all your tensions and worries and go for the following steps to recover your Linksys router login username and password. If you struggle with other issues, go through our further troubleshooting steps in this article.
Recover your Linksys AC2200 login password with the following steps
- The most trending process or the solution to this problem is to reset your Linksys router to its factory default settings and configure it as a new router.
- On your Linksys router, you need to locate the reset button on your Linksys wifi router. You need to hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- When the LED starts blinking rapidly, leave the reset button instantly. After a few minutes, the router LED will become stable.
- During the reset process, your Linksys AC2200 router must remain turned. Supply sufficient power to your router.
- Then return to your computer and connect it to the Linksys wireless network. Now you can use the default Linksys login credentials for the login purpose.
- Then you have to open the web browser again and type linksyssmartwifi.com login web address in the address bar.
- Follow the same process you performed in the above Linksys wifi login section.
- If the default login web address is not responding or you are getting linksyssmartwifi.com not working error, use the IP gateway 192.168.0.1 in the same address bar.
Unable to get my Linksys AC2200 router login page. Why?
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable that joins your internet modem to the Wi-Fi router is connected and not damaged.
- Make sure the internet modem and Wi-Fi router are powered on and connected to the network.
- You might have got a disk drive with your Linksys extender login, but do not run it as every router can work automatically using linksyssmartwifi.com setup wizard.
- Confirm that your Wi-Fi connection slots are ‘on’ in your every device.
- Always find and select the Wireless WIFI Network Connection option.
- Search for your nearby connections and see if your router SSID appears in the results.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not work, turn off both the Wi-Fi devices (The router and the Modem), and reconnect them.
- It will help your WIFI devices to get a fresh start, thus avoiding linksyssmartwifi.com setup errors.
Reboot your Linksys AC2200 router
- Unplug the router from the power outlet or the electric outlet to reboot your Linksys wifi router.
- After unplugging the router, wait for a few seconds and restart the router by pressing the power button.
- You should now access the configuration page using linksyssmartwifi.com login and IP address.
Why did my Linksys AC2200 firmware update fail?
Go to the linksyssmartwifi.com official website and search for the latest firmware version of your Linksys WIFI router. Go to the download center and choose the correct drop-down tab for your Linksys router. Select the correct version of the hardware, and tap on the Firmware option. A list with the firmware version, according to your product, will appear on the screen. Select the firmware version, as per your Linksys product, and hit the download tab. Now, you need to log in to your WIFI router management page.
These are the following steps
- You should check whether your Linksys AC2200 device supports wireless upgrade, wired upgrade, or online upgrade.
- Confirm the internet connectivity of your router. It must be secure, fast, and seamless.
- Try to download the firmware file locally or manually. For this, you have to download the latest firmware on your computer.
- Check that the firmware file you have downloaded is correct and up-to-date.
- Do not try to update the firmware on a wireless WIFI network. Always use a wired Ethernet connection to update the firmware.
- You should always download the latest firmware from the official website of Linksys.
- Use an appropriate tool or software to unzip the downloaded firmware file. Save the file to an accessible location.
- Check that the router is turned on and is connected to the computer properly.
The reset can also be required when a firmware update fails. In that case, a reset can make a big difference to such issues. If your router has stuck at some point, and you cannot proceed, you can perform the Linksys router reset process. If you still face any problem, call our customer executive, they will help you with all you need. You can send us a mail and leave messages through the chat box at the bottom of this page.
Read More – sweetest day gifts