How to Recover Corrupted XLSB File – Precise Solution
Summary: This blog describes how to recover corrupted XLSB files from a pen drive in a simple way with the help of some best approaches. Few manual methods and one best reliable solution to fix a corrupt XLSB file. Before starting the article we will take one user’s query. So, let’s get started.
“Yesterday, when I was working on my official XLSB file document, due to some error my all file got corrupted, and it became inaccessible. Since I didn’t have backup of my excel file. I tried all possible methods to recover it. But I did not get satisfied result to fix a corrupt XLSB file. Is there anyone who provides me solution to restore corrupted excel file from pen drive.”
This is no longer a new issue for excel users to meet XLSB file corruption errors because of system, virus, or other unknown reasons. If you are having a similar problem then no need to worry. Here we will provide a solution to recover your all-important excel file instantly.
How to Recover Corrupted XLSB File from TMP file
Since MS has an auto-recovery feature that permits users to mechanically save XLSB files as a temp file on a Windows computer. So when your documents files suddenly corrupted or crashed, just relax and users can follow the below tips to get rid of the issue.
- Follow the temp file folder destination on your computer and find the Excel temp files with the TMP extension. For Windows 8/10 users:
For Windows 7 users:
- Navigate and find the temporary XLSB files begin with “$” or “~” and end with “.TMP”.
- Copy these files and save them to another harmless spot by changing the extension from.TMP to .XLS/.XLSX.
Retrieve Corrupted XLSB Files from the Previous Version
If the above method is not workable for you to fix a corrupt xlsb file then you can move on to this step. Here you will restore these corrupt excel files from the previous version. Follow to below-mentioned steps to restore XLSB or XLSM files:
- Generate a new Excel file with the same name as your corrupt Excel file or find your present Excel file.
- Right-hit on the XLSB file and choose Properties.
- Go to Previous Versions, find and choose the latest edition or the right version before Excel crashes, deleted or saved, hit on the Restore option.
How to Fix a Corrupt XLSB File – With Professional Approach
If the above-stated methods do not work appropriately, then users can go for a trustworthy third-party software named SysTools USB Corrupted Data Recovery Software. It is designed in such a way to retrieve deleted, corrupt, lost, and shift deleted XLSB files from any USB drive. It has the capability to fix a corrupt xlsb file. Some steps are mentioned below:
- Download and launch the USB Drive Data Recovery tool on your system
- Now, the software will provide two modes as Scan and Formatted Scan
- You can select a partition and hit the Scan option to preview and restore corrupted XLSB files from the USB drive
- In the next step, the software will show the scanning report
- Once the scanning process gets over, you can select a folder and view complete data in the right-hand pane of the software.
- You can view the entire data from the selected folder. All deleted files are marked red
- After that, you have to select files or folders that you wish to recover and hit the Save button to start saving the selected files
In this post, we have deliberated a step-by-step procedure to recover a corrupted XLSB file from a pen drive. But most of the times users may face several issues while instrumentality the manual approach. Therefore, in this write-up, we have suggested a professional solution. It is an amazing solution that helps to effortlessly recover corrupted excel files from the USB drive without any effort.