How to Deal with Scams to Secure Your Facebook Page?
Scams are a common occurrence on Facebook. But with careful research, you can successfully secure your Facebook from dishonest interests. Over the years, people have come up with many clever ways to get money out of unsuspecting targets; social media is no different in this regard.
Facebook scams occur when someone tries to get a target person’s personal information by pretending to be something they are not. The aim is to steal information, make fake accounts, steal money and even get access to your Facebook Page. To convert a fake site into the genuine one, most scammers consider to buy Facebook page likes.
Conversely, a Facebook scam can also be using fraudulent means to trick you into giving up personal information or even downloading malware on your computer. Con artists use various pranks and schemes, but the most common one is pretending that they could help you with your Facebook account. Of course, their intentions are malicious, but they are so convincing that it’s hard to notice any difference until it’s too late.
Protect your Password
- You need to ensure that you protect your usual login details. Many people use the same password for way too many social media accounts.
- It makes it very easy for the villain to figure out your login details and gain access to your Facebook account. It doesn’t matter how trustworthy they seem; you can never be sure of their intentions.
- It’s best to create a new email address for everything related to Facebook.
Don’t Give Personal Information To Other Social Media Accounts
Sometimes, a person might be too eager to help you, and thus they might ask you for your personal details. If they ask for your phone number, never give it to them. Also, never give in to the temptation of giving out personal information because it is not worth putting your privacy at stake.
Log Out of Facebook When Using Other’s Computer
It is always good to remember that people use your Facebook account, more so when logged in. So it is advisable to log out of your account before using someone else’s computer. It will protect your account and ensure no one has access to your personal information.
Go through the Privacy Settings
- You should go through all the privacy settings and ensure they are correct and accurate.
- If a page you are following is misusing your information, then you can take action using the privacy settings.
- You can find more details on the different privacy options on Facebook’s website. It will ensure that no one can see the information you don’t want them to see.
Use Unique Passwords For Different Accounts
It would help if you used unique passwords for different social media and email accounts. It will ensure that if your password is stolen, the person who has it won’t be able to access all your personal information. Changing your passwords periodically is also important so no one can crack them easily.
Don’t Respond To Spam
If you receive a message from someone who claims to be from Facebook, never respond to it even if they have a good number of likes, as such sites buy FB page likes to fool people. They are just trying to lure you into responding to their request. Also, don’t respond to emails asking you to log in and authorize downloading a program on your computer.
It’s best not to download anything from these websites. There are so many scams on Facebook targeting people who are over-eager to help, and they want to get your personal information without disclosing the fact that it is a scam.
Block Inappropriate Content
Inappropriate content should not be allowed on your page, as it can cause problems if people start flooding the page with inappropriate posts or images. If you find that people keep spamming your page and doing things that are not permitted, then you should block them from your Facebook Page.
Be Careful Of Links In Messages
- People can send you links in messages and ask for your personal information. The link might claim to be a form to sign up for an exclusive offer or something which could assist with the security of your account.
- You should never click on any such links as they could be malicious and lead to a virus infection on your computer. Therefore, it is always good to make sure you don’t click on any such links, even if they appear legal.
With the help of these tips and tricks, you can successfully secure your Facebook page from different kinds of scams. Scammers make use of the fact that people are eager to get new information, and they know that they won’t find it on their own. So they will trick them into thinking they have something genuine or a legal site.