Brother Printers running Windows 11/10 can have a status of offline as well as online. I was astonished to discover that since everyone expects their primary printer to be online and ready for printing. It is important to know that if a printer stops working isn’t necessarily a sign that it’s gone away. It could be due to an error in printing or a problem with the driver for the printer. Windows OS can set the status of the printer to offline when it detects an issue. In this article, I will demonstrate how to change the Brother Printer goes offline Status to Online as well as Restore Printer to its online status.
Is your Brother Printer offline? Switch a Printer’s status to online
- There’s a positive of turning off a Brother printer. It is not a risk for anyone to misuse it, and if you have children at home that print at random times, you can restrict access to the printer. It is possible that you have not thought of making it offline. Let’s get it fixed: Restart Printer & Check for connectivity
- Change Printer Status
- Run Printer Troubleshooter
- Remove and add Printer
- Network Printer troubleshooting.
Be sure to verify the status after you have tried each one option.
1] Restart Printer & Check for connectivity
If the printer has been in operation for a while it could have entered an inactive state. Although it shouldn’t be setting the printer as offline, you’ll don’t are sure. Try turning off the printer, then for about a minute, and then switch it back on to determine if this solved the issue.
Then, you should check this important step. Make sure that the printer is powered by a source, is turned on, and is connected to your computer. Examine the Ethernet cable or wireless connection. This is among the reasons why you could be able to see the printer offline but also disconnected. Check the USB cable as well as the USB port and repair this first.
2] Change Printer Status
- Open Windows Settings (Win + 1)
- Navigate to the Devices tab to Printers, Scanners, and Printers.
- Pick the printer that you would like to change the status of, then select Open queue
- Within the window for Print Queue select Printer Offline. The message will appear which reads “This step will transform the printer’s status from offline to online.”
- Confirm that the printer’s status will be set to online.
You might need to clean your print queue before you can alter the status. If so it could be due to a print job encountering an issue and the printer decided to make the printer offline. This will resolve most of the time but if it doesn’t, you should follow the remaining tips to bring the printer back to the online state
3] Run Printer Troubleshooter
A part of the Windows internal troubleshooting package Printer Troubleshooter will help you to resolve connectivity, driver issues, restart printer-related functions, and more.
- Navigate to settings > update and security > troubleshooting
- Select Printer Troubleshooter and then launch it
- It can aid in resolving any offline issues with your printer.
4] Uninstall and add Printer
If none of the other options work It is recommended to take the printer off the system and then add it once more. It’s a straightforward process that may include downloading the driver as well as the OEM application.
- Disconnect the printer’s power from the PC
- Click devises to access Scanners and Printers
- Pick the printer you want to get rid of > click remove the device
- Connect the printer again and Windows should allow it to be added to the printer, then also install the driver.
- The reinstallation will return the printer to an online state
If it isn’t showing up, select Add the printer or scanner, and then click on ” The printer I’d like to use isn’t available .” It is then possible to add it manually.
5] Network Printer troubleshooting
If you’re using an internet-connected printer, it will display offline if the computer is not able to connect to it. If the printer is operating from a different device, not your PC, then it’s time to investigate network issues. It could be a firewall problem also, but this would indicate that someone has deliberately blocked the printer. If you don’t know more than you do about what you require to know to use the computer, I recommend contacting someone to assist you with troubleshooting.
I hope that one of these suggestions can help you to modify your Printer Status to Online or Restore the Printer to an online state.