Canon printer in error is a frequent issue that affects users across the globe. If you’re looking for help to eliminate this issue, the factory reset Canon printer can help. Find answers to all of the “my Canon printer is in error state?” concerns right here. This will increase your productivity exponentially.
Why is My Canon Printer in an Error State?
To resolve the Canon printer that is in error issue once and for all, you need to identify the cause. We’ve listed some below:
- Incorrect driver installation
- BIOSS issues
- Software that is incompatible
- Poor USB cable connection
- Connectivity problems
How to Fix Canon Printer in Error State?
Repairing a Canon printer in error state problem is like fighting an armed conflict with an army of Spartans. But no more! These methods can help you to follow them.
Fix the Ports
- Right-click on the Windows icon or ‘Start’ icon in certain versions. Select the “Device Manager option.
- In the Task Bar, click on the View option, and then select the option to show Hidden Devices’.
- Scroll down to the choices then locate and click the “Port (COM & LPT)’ option.
- Double-clicking it you will be able to expand the possibilities.
- Choose the Printer Port Click on the ‘Printer Port’ and then right-click it to display the options.
- Select the option ‘Properties’ and then from the following window, click on the “Port Settings tab.
- Select “Use any interrupt assigned to the Port’ option from the available options, then check the “Enable Legacy Plug and play detection box.
- After that, click the “OK” button to save the changes and close the browser.
- Choose the option to Restart on the start menu. after the computer has restarted you can print using your printer. verify that there isn’t an error with your Canon printer error.
Fix 2: Restart the Canon Printer and Computer
- Select the Start button and then click on the Power icon.
- Choose the Restart option and let the system run in the same state for some time.
- Click on The Canon Printer and long-press the Power button.
- When the printer shuts off, hold it for one minute, then press the ‘Power’ button.
- Print the command and then check to see if you can confirm that the Canon MX470 printer in error state has been corrected.
Fix 3: Verify the Internet Connection
- Verify that your computer and printer are connected to an effective network.
- Verify that the system you’re using isn’t having any issues whatsoever.
- If there’s a connectivity issue, you must fix it.
- After the issue with the connection is solved, you can run an experiment print job to determine whether there is no Canon printing error message that has disappeared.
Fix 4: Reinstall your Printer Driver
First, we must uninstall it by following these steps:
- For your Windows system, open the Settings tab.
- Click on the device and then click on “Printers & scanners.
- Choose the Canon printer by its name. Right-click on it to display the options.
- Choose the option ‘Remove’ and remove the driver from your computer.
- If you’ve received a request to verify your selection by clicking ‘Yes, you must confirm your choice.
Once you’ve removed the Canon driver for your printer successfully then install and download a new one in a proper manner to avoid having another issue with this Canon MX922 printer error condition again. Here’s how:
- Check out the official site of Canon for more information about Canon Printer setup.
- Enter the Canon printer model and locate the driver of your printer.
- Click on the Download option and then click it.
- Download the file Canon driver for printers and software click on “Install”.
- Learn and follow the directions that are displayed on the screen, and then select ‘Finish’.
Following the above procedure after which following the above procedure, Canon Printer will then be removed and then installed correctly. To ensure that the printer is functional, you need to restart it, and then run an experiment print.
Fix 5: Update the Driver to fix Canon Printer in Error State
- Navigate to the Control Panel and then open the ‘Hardware and Sounds Folder.
- Choose the Device Manager Open it to search for all Hardware devices that are connected to it.
- Find the printers and then open them. Select the ‘Canon Pixma Printer Driver’.
- Choose the option by pressing the right button and selecting “Update”
- If you’ve been requested for confirmation from the company, simply click the Update driver and then update it.
After you have gone through this troubleshooting guide, we believe you’ll be able to resolve this issue. In case you’ve got a query or concern about all other printer issues, you can talk to our support representative by dialing our toll-free phone number.